Sunday 16 February 2014

Am I On The Right Track Yet?

Armed with the information the neurologist has given us I went down directly for blood work before we head home.  One of the test as any person suspected with SPS is GAD 65 it was one on my list as well as many others.  As we head home my husband looks at me and says "see finally a doctor does believe you"  and the best part I have not seen you smile coming home from an appointment in years .  He's right I am smiling. Hope that's all it takes and a doctor who listens and is not judging you by how you look. 

I have 4 months on short term disability after that you need to apply for long term,  feeling good I'm thinking 4 months that's all I need, they will fix whatever is going on to make me function and before you know it I'll be back to work.  The gods again have different plans for me. 

Within the next weeks I receive my letters for all the test, EEG(still needs to be sure it's not seizures), EMG/NCS and an  MRI . 

I'm a little worried now because all these tests are spread out and the last one is close to the end of my 4 months, but I have faith that all will work out.  I also think Dr. Barns will help me go on long term if I need too.  Thank God I asked him at my next appointment because I would need it.

All my test are done everything is coming back normal NO NOT AGAIN!  I had gone home and had looked up all the syndromes he suspected and I swear the closest is SPS.  I asked him about the GAD65 test as that one he did not mention results on.  He looks and says that's strange I don't have that result.  He calls his receptionist to track down that result and she says she doesn't see it.  He says he will look into it and call me later.

 You know that saying if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all; the call comes the following day he is upset seems the lab lost my test and I need to redo it.  I found out that, that test needs to be sent to another city, our labs cannot for whatever reason process that test and by the time it was received in Toronto the sample was tainted.  Back to the lab with a not so nice note attached about not to mess this sample up.  4 weeks to wait again for the results. 

The other thing he wants to rule out is the Cramp Fasciulation Syndrome  which requires me to see another doctor that can either rule it in or out.  I go to this appointment nice doctor but when she asks me to bend forward as far as I can I can barely move forward at all.  She says come on try a little harder I tell her sorry that's as far as I can go, like a flash back in time she says wow you are really out of shape and I think that is what your problem is and we need to work on that.  She has me do a few more movements and proclaims, you do not have Cramp Fasciulation you are just a case of someone out of shape and with your extra weight you have a bad back and look how inward in curves you have to really work on fixing that.

 She recommends I go for physiotherapy to help fix my bad back which I found out months later is lordosis (swayback) another sign of SPS and starting today you need to work straightening your posture.   Look she shows me what she wants me to do and I try but the pain is incredible....just work on it she says it will get better. I mention that the neurologist who sent me here thinks it could also be Stiff Person Syndrome,  she looks at me and says "no that is not what your problem is and I will send him a letter" and leaves the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment