Friday 14 February 2014

Another Year Is Coming To An End

2012 was not a great year for me, lots happened and having a body that is fighting with you every step you take, can make even a sane person start to lose their mind.  I have a had a few appointments with my new doctor but no matter what he tests me for, everything comes back normal.  The only saving grace of this relationship is unlike my old doctor he believed me "up to a point" but I'm starting to get the feeling even he is beginning to look at me as a person with mental problems or I'm a hypochondriac.

I think the only thing keeping me sane is my co-workers and friends have witnessed so many of my spasms not to mention my husband, and they know I am not making it up.  They all have watch me go from being perfectly fine to falling down on the floor screaming in pain not to mention witnessing my muscles twist into unnatural positions.  But like bad karma why oh why does this not happen in front of someone in the medical field?  One attack at work one day that was so bad, I guess I blackout from the pain I  woke up with my co-worker cradling me in her arms telling me a ambulance is on the way.  By the time they got there I was fine, they took me anyway to the hospital and I was there for 2 hours; I was first seem by an  intern hearing what happen wanting to run test, and then his supervisor comes in says I'm fine hands me a prescription for T3's and shows me the door. 

I took a cab back to work to get my car to go home.  I also call my husband and tell him not to continue on the road to see me at the hospital they discharged me,  and my co-workers are looking at me like seriously you're back already?  Yep sure am, remember I am just over-weight hypochondriac with mental issues and if this dam weight would leave me I'd be right as rain, I think in jest... but really I just want to sit down and bawl my eyes out.

I try one last attempt with my new Doctor before the year is done, making an appointment the following week after the latest episode.  He decides after I tell him once again I had a sister pass away from Scleroderma (she too had a hard time getting diagnosed as it hit her internally) and I have another sister who has Rheumatoid Arthritis is there any test not done that he could test me for.  I really think I have pushed him to the limit I am walking to the lab with two sheets full of blood work. ...

Most test came back (normal) before the year ends but there were still a few yet to come back.  We are heading for a wedding in the Dominican so I tell him I will make an appointment on my return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment