Sunday 16 February 2014

Going Out And Enjoying Some Girl Time (which includes spasms to spoil the fun)

I have been off since the end of May, and I have hardly left the house.  I did not realize how sick I truly am getting until I could slow down a bit and not have to  push to get ready for work.  We have a very short summer and I am wasting it being indoors.  It seems every time I have tried going out I end up in spasm and worried if I am on my own that something bad is going to happen so it's safer to stay home.

My girlfriend's daughter is getting married and I'm invited to her shower and her stagette (and of course the wedding).  The day of the shower I don't feel great but it's been so long since I have been out and interacted with people,  besides my husband and my mom I want to go.  Putting on a brave face I drive myself there but by the time I pull up I'm starting to feel that same sickening feeling that my body is going to betray me .  I lasted an hour and left without too many noticing telling myself do not make a scene at her shower, I make it to my car and sit for an hour before I can stop spasming to drive myself home.

The day of the stagette a month later,  I feel great so good I dress up as nice as possible and even put on make-up!  Doesn't sound earth shattering I know but when you are sick it is a huge accomplishment.    Pleasantries from everyone some who are surprised to see me;  I tell them fingers crossed I'm having a great day,  now remember I have still not been diagnosed and I'm still not 100% sure myself.  The party is a passion party, picture it lots of laughs and the wine is flowing they are going to play a game I politely excuse myself when I hear it requires moving and people sitting on each other's laps (don't ask).  I move to the kitchen where I can still observe and enjoy the laughter, which is getting louder and louder  next thing I know I am ready to scream in pain my muscles are going like they have been electrocuted I manage to make it outside and get them to settle down, I am not feeling great but I am determined to get through a day out.  Later we are going for dinner and I could not tell you the last time I went out.  As we are leaving for the restaurant my girlfriend is going to follow me in her car because she is unsure where she is going.  As she waiting for me she beings to beep her horn non-stop to make me hurry ahhhhhh another body spasm is hitting and I am desperate trying to make her realize she needs to stop but she is oblivious finally another person in her car realises something is wrong and comes running.  Another 1/2 of waiting until I can drive.  

Quick dinner with the girls and I am done.  Another mental check in my mind no more going out where loud noises take place.

Back to the neurologist he received the report from the doctor he sent me to and says well we've ruled out everything but Stiff Person Syndrome.  The GAD65 came back and it's normal.  I lost it, I was crying so hard I'm sure everyone in the building could hear me cry.  He looks at me and says Heather what I mean is your case is not typical and I need to send you to another doctor , I believe you.  He was sure it was cramp fasciulation which is why he put me on  1st a dose of gabapentin (which did not help) then carbmazepene (used to treat Cramp Fasculation) and it did not help either, that rules it out (by then my dosage was very high).  You also showed me one of your spasms (my husband finally caught one I had and recorded it) and with explaining the above incidents , I have no choice but to recommend you to another doctor,  someone who has a better background and specializes in rarer muscle disorders than myself. 

And another 3 month wait to see a yet again another doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment