Sunday 16 February 2014

Enter Warrior Elaine

Back its January and trying to get back into the swing of work and the same routine. I suffer through the month although my muscles are getting worse I can't miss anymore days at work.  I have an appointment to get the rest of my results in Feb and I can tell him about my newest problem;  I can't move in my sleep , I fall asleep but I keep waking up not just me but my husband because I seem to get locked in place, unable to move my body to another position without really fighting to re-positioning myself.  I'm also having frequent muscle spasms at work.   

Back to the doctor who says listen Heather all your tests are coming back normal I can find nothing wrong with you are you sure what you keep telling me is real or are you making this up.  I can't help you there is nothing wrong.  Keep trying to lose weight and start exercising more please that is what is going to help you.  Okay you are right I gave up right then and there in the office I have been fighting for more years then any person who is sick should.

 I went home that night and went to a very dark place asking God to please take me let me peacefully go to sleep and not see tomorrow, I have no desire if this is what my life is going to be like.  I really won't mind, and those close to me will get over not having me in their lives. 

Okay God you woke me this morning what do you have in store for me? I struggle every morning to shower, dress, drive to work, I'm waking up early and early each morning because doing these basic tasks are killing me and taking longer and longer to do.  Pray the day will go fast because I spend most of it in front of my computer at work hoping my co-workers don't notice the silent tears running down my face and trying to ignore my muscles twisting without help.  I want to go home and rest so I can try and crawl through the next day. Yeah! made it to the weekend where I can rest up and do it all again.  Not a great existence when you are still in your 40's and no one in the medical field can help you and your imaginary symptoms.

Enter warrior Elaine!  Elaine is one of those people who can drive you crazy but you love at the same time.  Elaine and I have worked together since I started at my place of employment,  she is also the one who seems to always be there when my worse attacks hit and will hold me and talk to me to keep me breathing though them .  I went to work feeling very much like a person who has been kicked down one too many times and is staying down now, the world can go on I can't.  It's a very high stress office which I guess is why some of my worse attacks happen there, stress is a big trigger for me. 

When she saw me she knew it was not good news, when I told her what was said she asked me to make another appointment and she was coming with me.  Okay did you hear what I told you my doctor said?  And you want me to go back?  Her voice of reason resonated until I did pick up the phone, I'm surprised they would make an appointment for me but they did, I wasn't banned.  It was a month away.  In that time I was sliding very rapidly and missing more work than being present. On top of the stress of the office I am now worried with all my problems they will find a way to lay me off.

That was the longest month but the day has arrived. In we walk looking like the duo Laurel and Hardy picture it that is us (you know which one I am).  Elaine says to my doctor "enough" my friend here is seriously sick and we are not leaving until something is done.  Then she looks at him and says I know you , turns out they worked at the same place many years ago when he was still an intern. I am not suggesting that this is why he finally believed that something was wrong, but I think it helped to validate that I was not some crazy person.  After she described my spasms and I must say she described it very interesting one of the ways she says it's like I do a pirouette (ballet? me) but what she meant is when they hit it's like I contort my body as if  I'm trying to move away from them, you can see the terrible pain they are causing and there is nothing that will stop it.  
Finally he says hmm seems maybe its  neurological, never thought of that before.  I'll make an appointment for her with a neurologist.

 It's March appointment is coming in May.

 "Elaine the warrior"  to the rescue I can never thank you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment