Tuesday 25 February 2014

Shh I Am Having An Affair

Shh I am having an affair....you know the one that most working people who are sitting at their desk, standing at a counter or doing any type of manual labor at work are dreaming about.  I used to dream at work about having this affair too....it's with my couch.

Any person who is ill with a disabling condition will always have the people who call and ask what you are doing and you say " lying on the couch not doing much",  either get the responds "I wish I could do that" or the opposite "maybe that is why you are having such trouble you need to get moving".  You know what you are right I/we love spending day after day lying around removing ourselves from society, having fun, earning a living. (the list could go on and on), but I prefer to waste my days rather then moving, quit judging me lol.

I will be fair to those who are not living the life I now myself find myself in.  A healthy person thinks I would love a day just to lie and do nothing it's great for a mental health day (we all stole a day or two from work for those days, many still do and if you don't you should) .  But now put yourself in an ill persons body doing that day after day knowing that no matter what you tell yourselves this is all you are capable of doing today.  Maybe I/they will get lucky and have that one day where I/their bodies become able and I/they push themselves and regret it for the next week or so.  

How often when you get the flu or cold did you spend a day or two lying doing nothing? Moving well that only makes you feel worse!  But finally you tell yourself get up and get moving you can't stand lying around anymore, an ill person does not have that option.   Next time all the wonderful people in my life get sick and cannot move but finally that day comes back when you finally feel well enough to get up again, stop and listening to your mind telling you to get moving but your body won't move and then tell me how lucky I or others dealing with an illness has it.  We will trade with you any day you would like.  Speaking for myself I'll even let you keep those days I know I'm very unselfish you're welcome.


As for my couch I would like to break off this affair, even though you are kind to my aching body, soft, warm and allow me to go brain numb watching daytime TV.  I have decided after almost a year of our affair it needs to come to an end,  it was fun at the beginning but you have become my enemy you need to get out of my life now....no...okay you win... maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment